Fijords

Fijords

Monday, October 13, 2014


The 28th Amendment

                I am proposing an amendment that the draft age be changed to 24. This way it would give the person that is put in the draft a chance to go to college and get an education that they can put to use after the draft. I feel that if there was a draft, all the people that are 18 might go to the draft, without getting an education. Can you imagine how hard it would be to come home from the draft and go to college?

                “The 28th Amendment of the United States Constitution proposes the following: All persons under the age of 24 are allowed to go to college before going into the draft. This allows all persons to get an education before the draft, so they do not have to go through the struggle of getting one after a war.”

5 comments:

  1. I do agree that it would be harder to go to college after being in war. But does this only affect kids going to college? And most branches of military will help kids pay for college sooo I don't know if I would put this in the constitution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree that the draft age should be raised. I also agree that some people wouldn't go to college after returning from war and wouldn't get the proper college education. Good amendment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you talked about the draft. I did not think much about the age. But the real draft is over at 25 so they would only serve a year unless you put something in there that allows congress to change that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought of it that way. It would be hard to come back and go to college after serving a 2-3 year term right out of high school. But doesn't the army already pay for college for the people serving?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you about how the draft age should be 24 instead of 18. I also agree that it would be very hard to come from the draft and then go to college.

    ReplyDelete